Our medical grade compression Hosiery are made with the highest quality materials available. This product is dispensed for patients diagnosed with Chronic Venous Disorders (CVD). CVD is the result of everyday symptoms such as tired, aching or swollen legs or Varicose Veins, and can lead to problems such as Deep Vein Thrombosis, leg ulcers and other severe venous
disorders. The root cause is poor venous circulation back to the heart aand it can get progressively worse over time.
Below are the most common signs and symptoms of CVD:
• Edema of the ankle and leg (swelling)
• Feeling of heaviness and tension in the legs
• Pain or cramps in the calves
• Dermatitis (skin problems)
• Dry or weeping eczema
• Venous leg ulcer or an open wound that usually forms near the ankle. The ulcer has a weeping, raw appearance and the skin surrounding the ulcer is dry, itchy, and reddish-brownish in colour.
It is very important to note that much can be done to prevent and manage this condition so that your health and quality of life is not affected.
If you are experiencing any of the above mentioned symptoms, speak to us so we can help manage your problem through compression hosiery.